To produce graduates with foundation in electrical and electronics engineering who can cater to the dynamic needs of the industry and to provide a diverse and stimulating environment for quality research.
- To align the teaching learning process and to provide basic foundation for the students to adapt to the changing industrial needs
- To enrich with the latest developments through seminars, guest lectures, workshop and paper presentations
- To awake young minds to acquire knowledge continuously and learn to apply it
- To attain multidisciplinary problem solving skills, social awareness and confidence required to excel in their chosen field
- To develop professional competency and technical expertise individually and through team effort thereby exhibit leadership in industry
- To create research oriented mindset and focus in fulfilling growing demands of society through mentoring and motivation
Short Term Goals
- To provide ‘High quality and standard Academics’ through a team of dedicated Faculty, sophisticated class rooms and state-of-the-art lab facilities.
- To update and upgrade Labs and Facilities periodically.
- To regularly update/upgrade and also add Books, CDs, Tapes, Journals and Magazines to the Library, as per Proposals of Faculty and Students, from time to time, through Suggestion Book, maintained in the Library.
- To develop the Department as a ‘Center for Research Studies and for Project Assignments’ in various specialized areas to cater to the Industrial needs at the State level and at the National level.
- To secure more University Ranks, excellent pass percentages with maximum students securing Distinction.
- To develop a bright future for all our Students through Entrepreneurship, Placement or Guidance for Higher Studies.
- To develop the faculty through ‘Qualification Improvement Programs’ and deputing/ sponsoring them for higher studies.
- To encourage Faculty to participate in ‘National / International conferences and seminars’ and also in Research activities.
- To encourage students to enthusiastically participate in the ‘Activities’ of the Professional Associations and other foray so that they develop total Personality.
- To conduct the National / International conferences, workshops, seminars periodically.
- To tie up with leading industries for consultancy works.
Long Term Goals
- To impart Quality Education and achieve Academic Excellence through Planning, Leadership, Brilliance, Inspiration, Effectiveness and unique opportunity for Experiential Learning.
- To realize Advancement of Teaching and Learning and to discover New Layers of Knowledge in ‘Engineering Studies’ by providing a Resource Guide and appropriate ‘Academic Ambience’.
- To develop and nurture Engineering skills, Analytical and strategic skills, Soft skills, Inter-personal skills, Organizational skills and Collaborative skills and to inculcate core competence, right attitude and confidence in Students and making them discover their strong personality.
- To motivate and sustain the committed faculty by providing exciting opportunities to work on ‘Industrial Research’ and on ‘Application Projects’, to stay tuned to the changing Academic needs and update them with the emerging technologies.
- To develop center of Excellence in recent trends for Modern Industrial and Research Establishments.
- To enthuse Coalitions and Communications in support of the ‘Plans and Actions’ for Intensified Interaction and Tie-ups, Exchange Programmes and project consultancy with Industries and Institutions of International standing for focused Research.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Graduates will have fundamental and broad knowledge in Electrical Sciences relating to industrial applications and research to design, analyze and synthesize information from various sources and think differently to provide solutions to their discipline
- Graduates will become entrepreneurs, employees of reputed organizations, pursue higher studies and research for developing advanced skills in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Graduates will exhibit technical and intellectual competency and will be amenable for life-long learning
- Graduates will demonstrate technical knowledge and ethical values for professional development to meet the societal needs
- Graduates will be able to work in multi-disciplinary environment by providing solutions to real time problems.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics ,science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of the complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: identify formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems and reaching sustained conclusion using the principle of mathematics , natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design development of solutions: design the solutions for complex engineering problem and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations for the public health and safety and cultural and societal and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problem: Use research based knowledge and research method including design of experiments , analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: create , select and apply appropriate techniques, resources , modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with understanding of the limitations
- Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge , to assess societal health, safety, legal and cultural issues and consequent responsibility relevant to professional engineering practices.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solution in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practices.
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diversity and multi disciplinary settings.
- Communications; communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentations, make effective presentations and view and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team to manage project and in multi disciplinary environments.
- Life long learning; Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Use logical & technical skills to model, simulate and analyse electrical components and systems.
- Integrate the knowledge of fundamental electronics, power electronics and embedded systems for the controllability, reliability and sustainability of electrical systems.
- Contribute for the development of smart power grid and integrating green energy on it to meet the increasing demand of the society.